We’ve identified the following problems that we’ll work on at Trans Camp. Click on each problem to read a little more information*.
- There is very little awareness of the existence of trans children. How do we change that?
- What can we do to help the media create more accurate coverage about trans people? Headlines are appalling – how can we start to change them?
- Can we find a constructive way of galvanising the trans community to report on transphobia in the media in a way that can be acted upon?
- How do we make producers of comedy aware of who they are making comedy about?
- How can we use the web to help family, friends and partners better accept and support trans people?
*We asked the trans community to make 1 minute videos about each of the problems and you’ll see some of them below each of the problem-descriptions. Thanks to everyone who contributed videos! We’re still adding new ones, so keep ‘em coming…